- Operating process related equipment and plant process control systems in a safe environmentally responsible manner
- Optimizing plant performance by monitoring process equipment and conditions using information systems including; process levels, temperatures, pressures, and flow rates
- Understanding operation requirements for semi-batch systems.
- Collecting and reporting plant measurements related to performance, asset utilization, quality, costs yields, environmental health, and safety (EH&S), production rates, etc.
- Performing field checks, adjusting control systems, and manually operated equipment based on process and lab data.
- Determining root causes of deviations in process, product, or equipment performance through the use of troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and implements improvements when appropriate
- Analyzing laboratory and sampling results to maintain process and quality standards as well as learning a variety of chemical processes and develop ideas to improve them.
- Responsible for performing process equipment troubleshooting, routine equipment repairs, improvements, and preventative maintenance.
- Performing daily tasks efficiently using appropriate computer tools and software.
- Ensuring operational activities and process performance are aligned with plant and business goals.
- Completing individual duties with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Be willing and able to work all applicable shifts on a rotating basis (including weekends & holidays) and work overtime when needed.
- Chemical weighing and handling.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Communicate effectively across a diverse workgroup
- Follow procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation
- Perceive, identify, and respond to plant and site alarms
- 1-2 years of manufacturing experience is preferred